- Nashville Family Lawyer: Settling Child Custody in a Military Divorce May 16, 2013 With military divorce there are many uncertainties. A Nashville Family Lawyer can help you develop contingency plans so that you can be sure all your grounds are covered. Being in the military and having a spouse in the military is tough enough as it is. Add children to the equation and you’re dealing with an even bigger hardship. Not only is it extremely difficult emotionally for the parent who is deployed to be away from their children for months, even years ... Click to read more →
- Divorce Attorney Nashville: Handling Debt During Divorce April 19, 2013 Let’s face it, with the economy (specifically the job market) still struggling to stabilize and the prices of household utilities, gas, food and school tuition continuing to increase, the cost of living can be quite challenging for families to keep up with. In order to maintain the lifestyle they set out for themselves they have to swipe those charge cards and take out loans–sometimes on the house, car and most often on education for their children. Before they know it ... Click to read more →
- Tennessee Divorce Lawyer: Dealing With Taxes After Divorce March 19, 2013 Tax season isn’t fun for anyone, especially for newly divorced couples filing as single for the first time in a long while. However with the help of a Tennessee divorce lawyer, the tax implications of divorce don’t have to be so taxing. Tax season is upon us and with March already halfway over the official IRS Tax filing deadline is quickly closing in. The months, weeks, days, hours and minutes leading up to the dreaded April 15th filing date are a ... Click to read more →
- Divorce Attorney Nashville: Why Statutory Injunction Matters February 26, 2013 Going through a divorce? Don’t let your spouse get the best of you! With the help of a top divorce attorney Nashville you not only gain a better understanding of statutory injunction but you get the support you need to ensure that you abide by the provisions. Does the statutory injunction really matter? Jolley v. Jolley, M2011-02550-COA-R3-CV (Tenn. Ct. App. Jan. 31, 2013) The best advice any divorce attorney Nashville can generally give is “follow the law”. This can be especially true in ... Click to read more →
- Nashville Divorce Lawyer: Know Your Alimony January 31, 2013 There’s no one type of alimony, so how do you know which is right for you? Have a Nashville Divorce Lawyer assess your case and decide what type of alimony is best suited to protect your livelihood and future! What type of alimony did I say? Averitte v. Averitte, M2012-00738-COA-R3-CV (Tenn. Ct. App. Jan. 29, 2013) The alimony stated in your Marital Dissolution Agreement may not be the alimony you are actually paying. The Court of Appeals affirmed a long line of cases ... Click to read more →
- Nashville Child Support Lawyers: The Importance of a Child Support Strategy January 8, 2013 When a couple divorces, their dependent children can be greatly affected emotionally. Their day to day lives can change in regards to where they live, who they live with, where they attend school, and how frequently they see their non-custodial parent. As Nashville child support lawyers, we see firsthand how tough divorce is on the family. The last thing the children need is to have their lives compromised by the financial aspect of their parents’ split. As much as possible ... Click to read more →
- Why Hire a Nashville QDRO Lawyer? January 3, 2013 Naturally, married couples plan for retirement together. They both contribute their hard earned dollars to a 401K and work hard to earn pension plan benefits so that they can one day retreat to a sandy beach somewhere where they can spend the rest of their years in peace–stress and job free. When couples no longer feel their relationship is working and decide to go their separate ways every one of these plans is affected. At the time of divorce, it is ... Click to read more →
- Nashville Divorce Attorney: Planning for a Split in the New Year? December 26, 2012 Nashville Divorce Attorneys brace themselves for a post-Christmas rush as troubled couples who stayed together for the holiday prepare to call it quits. With the festivities of the holiday season now behind us and 2013 just around the corner, people are getting ready to make those annual New Year’s resolutions. In pursuit of new beginnings, they vow to shed those unwanted pounds, to pursue a new hobby, to make more time for their families, etc. For couples whose relationships have been ... Click to read more →
- Nashville Divorce Attorney: Holiday Tips for Divorced Parents December 13, 2012 ‘Tis the season to be merry! For families all across the world the holidays are a very important time of year–a time to enjoy the company of loved ones, a time to reflect on and give thanks for the year past, a time for forgiveness and a time to start anew. However, this time of year signifies change and with that comes a lot of anticipation, excitement and yes, stress! With everything so centered around family time, the holidays can ... Click to read more →
- Nashville Divorce Attorney: Estate Planning for Divorcing Couples December 6, 2012 You’ve sold the house and closed your joint accounts but have you updated your beneficiaries? With the help of a Nashville divorce attorney you can ensure that your rights are protected under the law and that your former spouse no longer has entitlement over your well-being. Don’t be fooled–just because you’re not rolling in the benjamins does not mean an estate plan is something you should overlook. An estate plan encompasses a will, a living will and sometimes a living trust and ... Click to read more →
- Divorce Attorney Nashville: Parallel Parenting Through Divorce November 30, 2012 Are you looking for a divorce attorney Nashville? Co-parenting through divorce is not always the best solution for the family. Couples divorce for many reasons and as divorce attorneys Nashville, we’ve seen it all. Sometimes divorce comes about suddenly as a result of a singular negative incident or because feelings gradually change over time until the differences are too much to bear. Whatever the reason and no matter whether the couple saw it coming or are reacting to an abrupt and unexpected chance ... Click to read more →
- Tennessee Divorce Attorneys: Can Social Media Be Used Against You in Divorce? November 7, 2012 As Tennessee divorce attorneys we know the divorce process well. Not only is divorce a decision that’s tough to make, but the process takes a toll on the emotions of those involved. When people are worked up emotionally, it’s normal for them to look for outlets through which to express themselves. Whether it be writing down their feelings or talking through them with a trusted friend, sharing their thoughts and opinions helps them to cope. However, in a digital world ... Click to read more →
- Franklin Theater Offers Stocking Stuffers December 9, 2008 Commemorative Tickets Available for a Limited Time FRANKLIN, TN…….The Save The Franklin Theatre effort has just put theatre tickets, valid until 2011, up for grabs for holiday purchases; four tickets are $30 and they will be valid for viewing any film once the Theatre reopens, according to David Garrett, president of the Heritage Foundation of Franklin and Williamson County’s Board of Directors. “These are just great holiday gifts and stocking stuffers. Selling the tickets will help us reach our goal of meeting the ... Click to read more →
- Eight Downtown Franklin Historic Homes Open Doors May 1, 2007 2007 Town & Country Tour of Homes offers glimpse of history FRANKLIN, TN….Eight unique private homes in Historic Downtown Franklin, Tennessee will open their doors and welcome visitors for the 32nd annual Heritage Foundation Town and Country Tour of Homes presented by Shirley Zeitlin & Company Realtors on Saturday, June 2 and Sunday, June 3, according to Mary Pearce, Executive Director of the Heritage Foundation. “This year’s collection of historic homes is particularly inviting, as they’re all in downtown Franklin in easy ... Click to read more →
Do you have a case?
Protect your rights! Take the first step toward resolving your family law issue and make an appointment to discuss your legal options with the attorneys at Cheatham, Palermo & Garrett Law–the best family law firm in Middle Tennessee.